PDS is an Information Technology (IT) infrastructure company. We architect, supply, implement, and manage the infrastructure of our clients so that they can focus on their core competencies.
The Service Desk Analyst represents PDS on the front line of customer support. Specifically, the purpose of this role is to provide remote technical support to client end users and remote product support to client IT personnel. All work will be performed from PDS' service desk facility which is located in Madison, Wisconsin.
- An Associates Degree in an applied technology area such as Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred but not required. Equivalent training and experience may be substituted and considered.
Individuals with necessary experience but lacking the requisite credentials will be considered if judged to be able to obtain them within a reasonable timeframe.
- Network+ certification is highly desirable.
- A+ certification is highly desirable.
- CSS certification is desirable.
- HDA certification is desirable.
- MOS certification is desirable.
- MCDST certification is desirable.
Experience / Skill Requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
- One-three years customer service experience in a call center environment.
- One-three years tech support and experience in a Microsoft environment.
- One-three years application troubleshooting experience in Microsoft products and tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC hardware/software and printer problems.
- Demonstrates superior customer service abilities in person and over the phone
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow through skills.
- Ability to sustain a high level of productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
Tasks Outside the Scope of this Position:
- Provide superior customer service over the phone to PDS clients, field personnel, and internal departments.
- Professionally triage, route, and respond to incoming client interactions through emails, calls, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Manage escalations from clients to timely resolution.
- Be responsible for tracking and monitoring open problems to insure service level standards are met.
- Remotely troubleshoot and resolve incidents using state of the art tools such as Artie Live!
- Engage and work with the Technical Support Center to troubleshoot and resolve incidents when appropriate.
- Dispatch incidents to the field support engineering team when remote resolution is deemed inappropriate or impossible.
- Provide feedback to appropriate members of the PDS management team regarding potential tool and / or process enhancements.
- Stay abreast of changes and maintain appropriate skills and certifications in your area of specialization.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and communicate relevant information.
- Be an active participant in the incident management process.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and management of client process documentation.
- Provide complete and thorough documentation for all support calls.
Standards of Performance
- Generally, work performed on-site at client locations.
- Designing client infrastructure solutions.
Standards of performance will be established and reviewed quarterly with your manager, the Director of Technical Support Services, and the VP of Management Services. Typical job metrics may include but are not limited to:
- Timely completion of training & certification requirements.
- Client satisfaction.
- Time to resolution (incidents) or completion (service requests).
Screening Interview - Recruiter (Phone)
Customer Service, Technical, and Cultural Interview - Manager of Service Desk and Manager of Technology Support Center
Management Interview - Director of Remote Support
Position-Specific On-Boarding Information
Employment will require a background check.
- Active Directory Groups
- E-Mail Distribution - & Artie Service Desk
- Month 1 Training Requirements
- Peregrine ServiceCenter
- ATG/Primus QuickResolve
- I3 Customer Interaction Center Client
- CA Support Bridge Live Automation
- Microsoft Sharepoint
PDS is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Paragon Development Systems, Inc. - 9 months ago