HELP DESK REPRESENTATIVE / TRAINER |
A subsidiary of Carnegie Mellon University, iCarnegie Global Learning LLC is a world leader in providing educational strategy to governments, businesses, universities and primary and secondary school systems. Our expertise has been employed by governments and private employers to establish world-class universities, to develop competitive cutting-edge curricula for teachers and students, and to meet the specific requirements of ever-evolving job markets with training for working professionals and executives. iCarnegie delivers top quality, highly scalable training and academic programs internationally with a focus on job outcomes and a practical ‘learning by doing ’, story-centered approach. We are active worldwide, with successful partnerships, engagements and project implementations in China, India, Kazakhstan, Australia, Mexico, and Colombia, among many other countries.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated professional to join iCarnegie, a fast paced company in search for an internal help-desk representative/trainer. The Help Desk mission is to deliver quality customer service to personnel by providing them with a single point of contact to report problems or make inquiries. The Help Desk Representative/ Trainer manages daily service delivery problems and works on special projects as assigned.
• Triage hardware and software problems and either resolve the problem or assign the problem to appropriate resources for resolution
• Maintains and documents problem call history by recording and tracking all calls in the Service Desk tracking system.
• Prepare environment (computers, projectors, whiteboards, video-conference) for meetings, collaborations, presentations, etc.
• Troubleshoots problems and works with vendors to ensure problem resolution.
• Instructs and educates internal customers on how to use various software tools.
• Documents and updates technology related processes and procedures as required.
• Provides after hours support utilizing a smartphone as required.
• Assists in project implementations, testing, documentation and training.
• Strong knowledge of current technologies (including Windows 7, Office, Skype, Adobe)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to effectively organize and prioritize multiple ongoing tasks
• Capability to train large group of people effectively
• Capability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to work with non-technical personnel in an effective, professional manner
• A minimum of 2 years providing Help Desk support in a professional environment.
• BS/BA in Computer Science (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience.
• At least one year experience as a trainer of software
The benefits of working at iCarnegie Global Learning include:
• Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
• Retirement plans (401k)
• Life and disability insurance
• Profit Sharing
• Health / wellness programs
• Onsite gym w/ personal trainer
• Parking/public transportation subsidy
• Monthly company events
• Great view
• Located in downtown Pittsburgh
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.