"WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY"
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide in-house technical support for end users of the companys personal computer software. Serve as back up for maintenance of companys Disaster Recovery Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answer questions and resolve problems regarding all aspects of the companys personal computer software and hardware.
2. Assist senior level help desk staff in evaluation of user difficulties and identification of situations requiring referral to internal or external technical, professional, or service personnel.
3. Serve as back up to senior level help desk staff in maintenance of companys Disaster Recovery Plan.
4. Maintain up to date knowledge of information systems technology and regulations.
5. Recommend appropriate and efficient methods of using available software as necessary.
6. Support department personnel by with general typing, special reports, faxing, copying and distributing paperwork.
7. Work shift work and/or weekends as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Communicate clearly and accurately in verbal and written format. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical clients and users. Relay messages accurately. Interact in a pleasant, cooperative, and timely manner with internal and external personnel at all levels.
· Ability to work in a team atmosphere, and in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
· Proficient computer user skills in Microsoft Applications, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook.
· Knowledge or ability to be trained in use of in-house Disaster Recovery software (currently Precovery Software).
· Attention to detail, and ability to set priorities.
Experience & Education
· 1-2 years experience in a help desk or other customer service environment where computer application skills were required.
· High School diploma plus additional coursework or experience in Computer Applications. Technical school graduate and/or Microsoft certification (MOUS) or progress toward certification preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Sitting for long periods of time. Daily use of wrists, hands, fingers to use computer and phone. Ability to travel throughout the banks footprint as required. Ability to hear and speak clearly for gathering and giving simple to complex information to customers. Ability to work shift work as required.
DISCLAIMER : This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for the performance of essential duties and responsibilities .
Sun National Bank - 5 months ago