Department: Information Services Office (ISO)
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke`aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke`aki Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Help Desk Specialist in the Information Services Office (ISO). The position will be located at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland. The position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and U.S. Citizenship.
The Information Services Office (ISO) purpose is to enable the research vision of USAMRIID with first-class computer and communication services. This is accomplished by providing IM/IT management, strategic planning, IM/IT infrastructure, software application development and sustainment, communication, network, information assurance compliance and Help Desk services.
The USAMITC Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) provides tier 1 IT-related services to USAMRIID employees 24/7/365 when the ESD is contacted by phone, email or web. The USAMRIID Help Desk provides tier 2 support when requests for services are referred by the ESD. The USAMRIID Help Desk serves as tier 1 support for walk-in customers and for services not supported by the ESD, e.g. Macintosh computer support and USARMIID-specific application support. Help Desk Specialists shall be at IA Technical Level I (equivalent to COMPTIA Network +, A+ or SSCP) and complete the ITIL computing environment certification.
The Help Desk Specialist will perform the following specific tasks:
- Receive tier 2 calls from the ESD in Remedy.
- Receive tier1 calls from walk-up customers and from customers with USAMRIID-specific issues (not supported by ESD). Enter calls into Remedy.
- Attempt to resolve tier 1 calls at first contact, i.e., first-call resolution.
- Assign tasks requiring hands-on assistance to the proper personnel (desktop technician, network administrator, Information Assurance Manager, programmer, software expert or management).
- Research solutions as needed with vendors, the DOIM, USAMRMC or USAMITC.
- Insure that customer service levels are kept to the highest standards, with customer satisfaction a high priority.
- Manage tickets assigned to on-site IT technicians to insure equity of ticket workload and optimal use of technician skills.
- Provide account management services to customers, to include in-processing of users, modification of user information in GAL, Remedy and ADUC, password resets and account unlocking in ADUC and Oracle, and out-processing by terminating or transferring user accounts.
- Provide computer management services to customers, to include adding, enabling, maintaining CCL-exempt or CCL required lists, modifying and disabling systems.
- Provide customer support in areas of problem identification, problem analysis, problem resolution, hardware, software, network, communications and CAC registration/PIN reset.
- Coordinate remote user access and software System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) pushes (patches, updates, add, removal). Draft/review and disseminate IT messages sent to all USAMRIID users,
- Maintain multiple lists of valid users of licensed software, i.e., Adobe, EndNote, Reference Manager, and report to IAM.
- Prepare and present material for monthly USAMRIID Newcomers’ Briefing.
- Prepare metric reports as required, utilizing Remedy and other reporting tools.
- Help Desk personnel will be required to have either A+ or Net+ certification AND complete an ITIL Computing Environment Certification. This requirement is in-place to ensure that they are categorized as an Information Assurance Technical Level I.
- Other duties as assigned.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance if required.
- The government IA Technical Level I Certification is equivalent to the COMPTIA A+, Network + or SSCP. Certification in one of these is a MUST
- Complete an ITIL Computing Environment Certification
- Eight (8) years of experience in the Help Desk environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Ke`aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays.
For additional information on Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com .
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.
Ke`aki Technologies - 10 months ago