SRA is seeking a Helpdesk Specialist to provide Tier II level support as part of the Connectivity and Communication Services Team (CCS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Help Desk in Bethesda, MD. The CCS Team provides specialized support for Center for Information Technology (CIT) services including Email, PDA, Networking, Macintosh, Telecom and Anti-virus. Customer incidents are recorded in a Problem Management system. Chosen candidate will have demonstrated experience documenting solutions in a clear and accurate manner so that resolutions are pushed to the lowest level. We are seeking technically minded individuals with strong communication skills to provide technical and customer service support to our client.
The environment at NIH includes Windows, UNIX, Linux, databases (Oracle, DB2), user account issues, collaboration issues(shared drives, etc), email, and other technologies. The users you will support in this role are NIH employees and scientists. Position is for full time employment with SRA during normal business hours and will be based at the customer site in Bethesda, MD.
Key responsibilities include:
On the Connectivity and Communications team, you will support the following technologies. You are not expected to know all of these technologies as you will be part of a larger team. However, you will have the opportunity to learn these technologies.
- Document solutions in a clear and accurate manner so that resolutions are pushed to the lowest level.
- Record customer incidents in a Problem Management system.
- Expertly handle customer support requests for CIT services and logically troubleshoot customer symptoms to arrive at the best resolution.
- Personal dedication to customer service is a must.
- Concentrate on resolution at lowest level but provides excellent support and follow up for cases escalated to other support teams.
- Answer complex technical questions in terms that end users understand.
- Knowledge regarding the use of personal computer hardware and software and network related issues is a must.
- Successfully work as part of a multi-vendor and government employee team dedicated to the proactive support of the NIH user community. The ability to work successfully and contribute positively to the team is imperative.
- 508 Telecommunication Services
- ActiveSynch Wireless Messaging Services
- (iPhone, Windows Pocket PC, Palm, smartphone)
- BlackBerry Wireless Messaging Services
- Central Email Service (CES)
- Conference Room Design and Support
- Content Management System (CMS) Service
- HHS Federated Messaging Services
- Instant Messaging Services
- Mobile Device Alerting Service
- Mobile Documents Service
- MOSS SharePoint and Content Management
- Services for Dedicated Environments
- MOSS SharePoint and Content Management Services
- NexTalk Service (NTS)
- NIH Central Fax Service (eFax)
- NIH External Directory Service
- NIH Listserv Mailing-List Service
- NIH Portal Services
- Project Server Service
- Secure Email/File Transfer
- Service Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Solutions
- Telephony Procurement Service
- Video Relay Service (VRS)
- Video TeleConferencing (VTC)
- Voicemail Services
- Web Collaboration
- Wiki Services Required: Years of experience (min) 1-2 Required: Degree None Required: Basic Qualifications - High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of technical training or two years of IT Help Desk experience.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing resolution procedures.
- Proficiency with commonly used Microsoft products specifically Outlook and the Office Suite.
- High level knowledge of web application support and network fundamentals. Required: Travel None Desired: Degree None Desired: Skills - Experience working at NIH in an IT support role is desirable.
- Help Desk industry certification.
- Experience supporting Macintosh is a plus.
SRA Int'l Inc. - 13 months ago
SRA International, Inc. (SRA) is a provider of technology and consulting services and solutions primarily to government organizations. The s...