Help Desk Specialists (Tier 1) provide day-to-day support regarding a variety of issues to our internal staff. Expected duties will include supporting our in-house developed applications, user training, and technical support via phone and e-mail. Ideally, the Help Desk Support Specialist will demonstrate strong problem solving abilities and will be capable of proactively finding solutions to various problems and issues. The right candidate will have excellent English/Spanish bilingual communication and customer service skills with a great proven track record.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Serve as the first point of contact for all desktop/laptop/mobile hardware, software, network, telecommunications and peripheral equipment issues via phone, desktop and remote tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, peripheral/mobile device, network connectivity, printing, telephony and corporate application issues, soliciting assistance from Senior Help Desk Specialists.
- Perform initial program load and user-specific setup for standard desktop/laptop configurations.
- Responsible for setting up, support and maintenance of in-house computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals. (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Communicate the status of problems and resolutions to customers and managers.
- Log issues and resolutions in the tracking system and follow up with users to ensure problems were fixed properly.
- Ensure accurate documentation of resolution information in the Help Desk knowledge management database.
- Provide user support for Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Keep peers and manager informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Identify client issues or problems which may require changes to procedures, standards and systems
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Work in a 24X7 environment. This position requires someone who can come in early, stay late and assist on weekends as the business requires.
- Participate in an on-call rotation which requires after hours and weekend coverage.
- Fluent in English / Spanish (verbal/written) with technical/IT vocabulary
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a professional work environment supporting at least 250+ users in a technical support capacity (i.e. Help Desk, Call Center, or NOC)
- Experience supporting remote users is a must
- Superb Customer Service Skills
- Extensive knowledge of PC configuration and Windows operating systems required
- Experience with Windows Family of Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products required
- Experience supporting remote access technologies such as VPN and Citrix preferred
- Experience with automated application deployment a plus
- Superb Organization skills
- Superb Prioritization skills
- Experience with disk level imaging solutions
- General knowledge of network operating systems and network topologies and protocols required
- Some knowledge of telecommunication systems and equipment
- Able to work independently on Projects.
- Strong Understanding of IT Ticketing Systems.
- Some knowledge supporting Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in an environment with sensitive information
- Experience Assisting Senior Management members under pressure
- Ability to routinely lift up to 60lbs (monitors, PCs and printers);
- Team Player