Help Desk Specialist– Tier II
Location: RTP - NC
This position is contingent upon contract award.
***An active secret clearance is required***
The Tier 2 Help Desk will provides telephone, online and in-person technical customer support to resolve software and hardware issues on PC desktop and laptops in a DoD environment.
• Handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 1500.
• Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment.
• Setting up and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, and other peripherals
• Assisting users with account setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s.
• Computer life-cycle replacements utilizing Norton Ghost.
• Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco products
• Deliver written weekly reports to supervisor.
• Working with Helpdesk Ticketing systems, Excel spreadsheets, and various databases.
• Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements.
• A minimum of 1 year of technical experience in a Windows helpdesk environment and minimum 2 years customer service skills are required.
• Technical school or college can be substituted for experience.
• Possess basic troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows environment.
• Applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office 2007, Adobe products, Norton Ghost, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software, and static TCP/IP configurations.
• Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and IAVM process a plus but not mandatory.
• Must have a professional friendly attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment!
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Solid communication skills; both verbal and written are must
High School diploma and 2 years of relevant experience.
• CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+
• Current Microsoft certification (Vista or Windows7)
TAPE, LLC - 20 months ago
Known for its systems engineering expertise, TAPE provides technological, management/program support, and training solutions to government...