ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES |
The Plant Operations Manager/Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the daily execution of the factory, delivers practical, hands-on-training to associates on Lean manufacturing methodology and tools to eliminate waste in all administrative, manufacturing and support functions to support future growth.
- Daily management of production work groups to meet required headcount, overtime, sales, scrap, linearity, quality and on-time delivery goals.
- Lead the continuous improvement initiatives within the facility
- Measure and report progress for group level activities on an on-going basis
- Ensure the development of a robust Lean Future State Strategy to be implemented throughout the facility.
- Ensure that the organization is structured and has the talent, resources and organizational capability for lean transformation.
- Give feedback to leadership and HR on talent needs and organizational capabilities needed to achieve higher and higher levels of continuous improvement.
- Ensure on-going Lean education of all employees within the Business.
- Create and drive the implementation of long term strategy
- People management from staffing through progress discipline
- Develop and cross-training of production staff and work groups
Yes, department leaders with both hourly and salary teams
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering (Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial) or Business discipline required. Certified lean and six sigma required, with demonstrated project success.
- Minimum 5-10 years of increasing manufacturing and operations team management experience with Aerospace and Defense operations preferred. Must have participated in Kaizen events preferably in both the manufacturing and office areas. Prefer experience in manufacturing, quality and/or engineering in high mix production environments.
- Demonstrated history of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment. Experience managing forecasts and goals, expense budgets, headcount, facilities management desired.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge and prior involvement with operational excellence, lean, Kaizen and/or Six Sigma strategies.
- Has successfully led a minimum of 5 Kaizen events within a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with mechanical assembly and electronics assembly environments.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, & organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Oracle or other related business software.
- Due to contracts with the United States Government, the candidate must be either a US Citizen or Greencard holder
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago