Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a 12:00 to 9:00 PM Help Desk Support Technician in our Columbus, OH location. We are looking for a driven, hardworking and motivated individual who is willing to learn and grow with Kimball Midwest.
This candidate will be responsible for:
Performance of all assigned responsibilities to the best of his/her ability. Specific duties include:
Perform tasks assigned by the Help Desk Manager and/or Senior Management.
Maintain a clear understanding of Kimball Midwest goals and practice proper policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support for hardware or software to internal and external customers, including telephone support for our team of Sales Rep across the US.
- Learn and teach all software packages in the Kimball Midwest Information Technologies office.
- Learn all hardware and software systems available in the Kimball Midwest Information Technologies office.
- Solve problems directly or forward the problems to someone who can. These are issues such as password resets, new hires, MSTARS (Proprietary Windows Mobile app) errors, hardware issues, software issues, issues with connectivity to home office, printing or issues experienced on our company internal / external website.
- Use help desk software that provides the means to log in problems with all supporting information, details to resolve the problem and why the incident was closed. If the problem is not resolved, then track them until solved.
- Follow the defined processes for setting up new systems, or performing other tasks.
- Provide management with information regarding support activities Interact with people on all levels.
- Follow up with users to ensure excellent quality service.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
Excellent phone manner and customer service skills!
Strong working knowledge of Windows XP/ windows 7 desktop administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
A solid background in Microsoft Office applications (2007 / 2010) and productivity packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is essential. Additional knowledge in Internet Browsers and third party products such as Anti-Virus preferred.
Ability to operate a telephone and related software.
MCP or A+ certifications are a plus.
Experience with office facilities coordination and logistics.
Experience with telecom administration, voice mail, and conference calling.
Solid understanding of Windows networking and TCP/IP.
Working knowledge of Windows 2008 Server, Active Directory administration and Microsoft Exchange 2010 user administration
Experience with configuration and administration of client remote access solutions: dialup, DSL, and cable. Experience with desktop firewall and client VPN software is a plus.
Strong analytic and multitasking skills - with the ability to troubleshoot desktop support issues required.
Experience with tablets and smartphones a plus.
Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally and work well in a small team, fast-paced environment.
Ability to consistently work 12:00 to 9:00 PM, sometimes this may include being the last person on the property.
Is a highly motivated, well-organized, self-starter desiring an opportunity to grow both technically and professionally.
A “can-do” attitude. Is flexible to work outside of normal business hours.
The ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, managers, sales representatives, and outside vendors via phone, e-mail or in person.
The ability to read and write small letters and numbers; the ability to make arithmetic calculations.
The ability to follow oral and written instructions.
This position requires the successful completion of a ninety (90) day orientation period.
We offer a benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, company sponsored life insurance, optional life and disability insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO), a business casual dress code and paid holidays.
Please apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kimball Midwest has been committed to excellence since 1923 serving our customers with quality products and services. Today, we are a major...