Help Desk Technician/Team Lead
When you decide to join the Digicon team, you gain the benefit of peace of mind. Our clients and partners choose us because we give them the innovations, solutions, and worry-free support that they need to excel. Our employees choose us because we offer the diverse career avenues, cutting-edge work, and corporate culture of stability, camaraderie, and work-life balance that they deserve. Approach the future with clarity and confidence—join Digicon.
We are currently seeking a Help Desk Technician/Team Lead to work at our client site in Washington, DC. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Position Description :
The candidate shall provide desktop support for our client’s Washington, D.C. office. This work shall include, but not be limited to:
Must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills; both verbal and written are also a must.
- Handling incoming work orders, e-mails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 1500 users
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Setting up and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Norton Ghost
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco products
- Delivering written weekly reports to supervisor
- Working with Helpdesk Ticketing systems, performing triage of calls, tracking and documenting all reports/calls, developing proactive solutions before escalating to appropriate team
- Installation of new equipment and preparation of old equipment for surplus
- Coordinating with the Washington, D.C. Customer Support Center Manager and other support teams to provide improved communication and service to our customers
Position Requirements :
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience plus 3 years of team lead experience
Additional Skills and Experience Desired:
- Bachelor's degree in Information System, Business, or related field
Digicon Corporation, founded in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology solutions provider with numerous nationwide clients and over 300 employees. We offer exciting and diverse careers in federal, state and local, and commercial arenas throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area and beyond. As an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides comprehensive and flexible benefits packages, Digicon is dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse community of exceptional professionals. Visit http://www.digicon.com/careers.html for more information.
- Good understanding of Incident and Problem Management
- Strong customer support skills, use of ticket management system like Remedy, Clarify, FootPrints, etc.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
We continue to maintain Digicon's reputation of delivering high-quality Information Technology products and services to businesses of all...