The Help Desk Technician - Level 2 must have worked in an IT environment with daily exposure to ticketing systems and experience with a variety of IT technologies. This person must be well organized, enjoy the challenges of supporting a fast paced corporate environment, and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Candidate must function under pressure while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Provide timely, efficient, and friendly service to all end users.
- Answer and resolve incoming user requests via phone, email, walk-up or ticketing system.
- Provide help desk support for onsite and remote employees.
- Work with IT groups to roll out hardware and software upgrades.
- Analyze and resolve PC hardware, software, network, and other technical issues.
- Maintain detailed documentation of each service call in ticketing system.
- Keep accurate inventory of IT assets, such as computers, peripherals, and software.
- Actively review systems and processes for improvement and make recommendations.
- Develop and implement IT best practices and procedures.
- Actively participate or lead the selection and implementation of business solutions.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of corporate IT help desk experience.
- Extremely customer service focused.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to take ownership of given responsibilities.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support Windows XP/7/8, Linux, Mac OS.
- Experience with Active Directory, PC imaging solutions, anti-virus software, and Microsoft Office.
- Local and network printer setup and troubleshooting.
- Ability to troubleshoot desktop and laptop hardware issues.
- Experience with troubleshooting computer networking.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- PowerShell or other scripting technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
SmartPros Ltd. (SmartPros) provides learning and training solutions for professional markets, including accounting/finance, legal,...