TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES/PROJECT: (Include Business Justification)
QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience special skills):
- Responsible for providing advanced/executive support in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
- Provide a variety of service functions in an organized and professional manner, including supporting users either on the phone, desk side visit, or occasional travel to off-site meeting/conference location.
- Advanced technical and troubleshooting skills are required.
- This position troubleshoots via remote control (Remote Assistance), researches team resources for adherence to approved solutions, enters timely documentation of all tickets (Track-it) with follow through to closure, writes end-user communications, as well as develops/delivers end-user training.
- Supported technologies include TCP/IP, network connections (both wired and wireless), iPhone/iPad activation/connectivity, Mobile Device Management, Cisco VPN and VDI, remote-only support for field sales personnel, small project management (OS and hardware upgrades), and engineering/R&D environments.
- This position will also provide back-up services to the hardware configuration center with standard image load and software installations performed according to business-need processes.
- Candidate must be flexible, highly motivated, be able to work independently, and possess effective time management skills in order to successfully contribute across multiple projects/priorities.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in advanced hardware and software support.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft product line, including current Office and Windows versions is required, and self-motivation for keeping skills up-to-date with current versions (Office, OS, and iOS).
- Must have advanced knowledge of networking components, Active Directory, PC configuration/image builds, Ethernet topology and TCP/IP, iPhone/iPad device management and support, wireless technology, Router configuration/troubleshooting, and remote troubleshooting capabilities.
- Candidate must be able to communicate professionally both written and verbally to all levels of the organization. The ability to effectively explain/document technical processes (for end-user communications and training material) and advanced problem solving skills are a must.
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree (or equivalent) in I.S. or related field is desired; 4-year degree preferred.
- Must have own vehicle to travel between the local St. Louis area facilities.
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required to support projects/conferences.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and be able to work flexible hours.