RBC MINISTRIES JOB POSTING
Job Title: Helpdesk Specialist Level 1
Workteam: Information Services
Job Code: Non-exempt, fulltime, all benefits
Provides basic support (customer service, installation, diagnosis,
troubleshooting, etc.) for desktop computer users as a member of the Desktop
1. Log incoming tickets from phone, email, and “drop-in” sources into
the Help Desk software. Resolve the call ticket if able, otherwise route the
call ticket to the appropriate I/S technician or Software Support Specialist.
Log all closed call tickets on the same day in which the closed tickets are
2. Monitor open call tickets. Proactively communicate resolution status to
3. Provide basic and some intermediate level support to the RBC desktop
user community for all I/S-supported software applications for PC and Mac
platforms. This includes operating system maintenance (installation,
modification, problem diagnosis, and troubleshooting) for RBC-supported versions
of MS Windows and Mac OS.
4. Provide basic support for phones, copiers, faxes, and other
miscellaneous office equipment. Contact vendors in the event that the equipment
5. Provide assistance to the I/S team, such as supply purchasing, updating
the hardware/software database, etc.
6. Assist the PC Hardware specialist with deploying and maintaining
computer hardware throughout the organization.
7. Ensure that user accounts are managed appropriately and accurately in
Active Directory and Google Apps. Work with Human Resources to coordinate
computer/phone setups for new and transferring employees.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
Two years of formal college-level training in computer science or equivalent
experience in an environment in which basic proficiency in MS Windows and Office
can be demonstrated.
Excellent verbal (especially phone) and written communication skills.
Basic proficiency in current versions of MS Windows, Mac OS, MS Office
Professional, Internet Explorer, and Google Apps.
Knowledge of basic desktop hardware – Mac and PC.
To apply online go to: jobs.rbc.org or send your resume to: RBC Ministries 3000
Kraft Ave SE Grand Rapids MI 49512 attn: Human Resources
RBC Ministries - 23 months ago