Under general supervision, provides support for the Tier 2 SEVIS help desk. Handles problems and issues that the first tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. Assists with data corrections/data fix request from the SEVIS users. Interacts with SEVIS production support and development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Assist in simulation and recreation of user problems. May recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user’s contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Resolve incoming internal or external businesses and end user’s problems via telephone and e-support.
- Articulate both in writing and verbally case summary, resolution and add to Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Proactively assist customers to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Represent HP in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end user Service Level Agreements (SLA) demands are met
- Begin to partner with and assist the Sales Pursuit team
- Is generally engaged in less complex support tasks relative to peers.
- High energy team player
- Creative and imaginative in developing customer solutions alone or as part of a team
Education and Experience Required:
High School: completion of post primary level education prior to University study. Typically certified by diploma (i.e., H.S. diploma, “A” levels (U.K), Baccalaureate (France), etc.). 0-1 year experience in relevant technologies and customer environments. Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools
- Superior customer service skills
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience
Technical Knowledge Transfer
Establishes HP's technical creditability and solution capability within customer's Information Technology (IT) organization through education & assistance
Technical Problem Solving
Approaches technical problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Services Account Management
Ensures customer satisfaction and optimum engagement relationships to build and maintain services business within the account
Leverages product and solution knowledge to probe customer needs and identify opportunities for up-selling /cross-selling
Customer Experience Management
Interfaces effectively with customers and internal resources to promote trusted advisor status of HP within accounts and facilitate uniform account support
HPS Business Value Proposition
Applies an in-depth understanding of HP Services(HPS) initiatives, goals, and solutions
Client/Customer Relationship Building
Demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within HP to support building strategic trusted advisor status
Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions
HPS/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HPS/Business Unit (BU) solutions, and HP's strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions - HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP's partner strategies
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...