Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Support user profile maintenance activities, badge access and ensure entitlements are in accordance with policies. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, telephony, networking, and other computer-related technologies. Supports user profile maintenance, badge access and ensure entitlements match.
- Assists with reporting vendor outages and management of issues along with effective outage communication and timely updates.
- Ensures work environment is clean, assets are managed and tracked in accordance with procedures and policies. Assist with policies and procedure tracking, reviews, audits, and creation as directed.
- Provides facilities support as requested.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error and provides a prevention strategy or partners with various IT members to provide a solution.
- Determines whether problem is caused by software, firmware, telephony, and/or hardware such as vendor service issues, patches, privileges, network, PC, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Installs computers, patches, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Works with selected vendors to gather quotes and provide recommendations on solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Degree in related field and 3-5 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
2. 1-2 years help desk experience.
3. Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
4. Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
5. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
6. Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
7. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
10. Solid ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
11. Ability to write routine reports, internal or external communication, procedures, auditing and tracking documents.
12. Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Microsoft office products, Active directory, strong PC knowledge, telephony, networks, application trouble shooting.
Penncro Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A Criminal Background Check and Drug Test is required for this position.
Monster - 19 months ago
Penncro Associates, Inc., one of the largest and most diversified outsource providers in the accounts receivable industry, was founded in...