The Hep TLC Coordinator (HTC) will participate in all aspects of the agency’s Prevention and Outreach program. Primary responsibilities include coordinating and providing rapid HIV and Hep C antibody testing, screening and assessment, risk reduction counseling, and confirmatory testing to clients at off-site venues and partner organizations, and the Coordination of on-site Hep C testing, troubleshooting, and productivity monitoring and evaluation in accordance with established Callen-Lorde testing protocols. Coordination with community partner sites will also require relationship building, site searching, and productivity monitoring and evaluation. Responsibilities will include phlebotomy venipuncture blood draws, case follow-up and coordinated linkage to care services. Responsibilities will also include internal data collection, entry, reporting, and analyzing for contractual submission. In addition, the HTC will participate in Callen-Lorde’s community outreach, education and marketing activities, through community events in the New York metropolitan area, and through collaborations with other CBOs, and will be involved in the design, implementation and maintenance of multiple prevention interventions unique to Callen-Lorde.
Health Center is open Monday through Saturday. Evening and Saturday hours are required. Salary will depend on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package, including individual medical and dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, generous vacation/leave time, and optional 401K/403B plan.
Send cover letter and resume including salary requirements to:
- College degree (BA/BS) in health/social services required.
- Experience in health care, HIV service delivery or social services preferred.
- Certified Phlebotomist preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and transmission risks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of city, state, national and global prevention strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk reduction theory as it applies to transmission of HIV/STIs.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Ability to work within team-based structure.
- Ability to work effectively at off-site locations multiple times throughout the work week and at odd hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks.
Subject: Hepatitis Testing/Linkage Coordinator
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Callen-Lorde - 20 months ago
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services primarily to New York's lesbian, gay,...