High School English Teacher Utah Virtual Academy
Summary : UTVA Teachers provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process and focus on students' individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12's learning management system and they work actively with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities : The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Planning and Preparation
Instruction and Student Achievement
- Learn the curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of the state standards and how both align with the K12 curriculum
- Understand overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents
- Utilize asynchronous and synchronous tools to augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures
Virtual Classroom Environment
- Collect and Analyze data in collaboration with PLC to produce effective instruction
- Orient students to course and communicates course requirements
- Maintain regular office hours and conducts instructional sessions
- Set and enforce deadlines for student work
- Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues
- Encourage student academic progress and attendance
- Balance flexibility of the K12 curriculum with Academy policies and procedures
- Conduct conferences with students and parents/responsible adult (for content area as needed)
- Individualize instruction to help each student achieve K12 curricular objectives
- Grade student work and maintain grade book
- Communicate high expectations and shows an active interest in student's achievement
- Alert administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress
- Recommend promotion and retention
- Maintain regular contact with students and families
- Utilize and promote the use of Study Island for core standards practice and remediation
- Create and manage home office
- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with assigned families
- Maintain accurate documentation of all communication with students and families
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Collaborate with peers
- Build community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events
- Travel to and participate in staff meetings and professional development sessions
- Monthly outings and marketing events
- K12 trainings or other professional development activities
- Home Visits (as needed)
- State Testing Proctor Assignments
- Attend IEP meetings for Special Education Students
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, and supports company values
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in Education
- Utah Teacher Certification in English
- HQ Status
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in UTVA/K12 platforms and systems
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving abilities
- High degree of reliability
To Apply to This Position:
- Masters degree in Education or other related field of study
- Previous experience teaching
Once you have built your Profile in the Insperity Career Site , complete the process by following this link into the Teachers-Teachers.com site, browse the open positions, and search for openings for Utah Virtual Academy -
You have a vision for success. We can help you get there.
Every business begins as a vision -- an idea that springs from the mind of an...