This position will be reporting to the Superintendent, Granite Wind. The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining 34.5kv/115kv high voltage transmission & distribution system
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of wind turbines and associated equipment;
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed wind turbines;
- Execute all work following corporate safety and environmental management systems;
- Actively participate in corporate training programs as well as corporate safety and environmental programs;
- Work collaboratively with all team members to meet corporate targets and goals in: safety, environment, equipment reliability and energy production performance;
- Prepare and submit written job reports;
- Respond to equipment problems outside of regular work hours and be part of an on-call schedule rotation with other team members;
- Provide planning support services for the maintenance team;
- Provide assistance in parts and inventory management;
- Other duties as required.
- Two to Four year degree in E.E. or E.E. T. or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with repair and maintenance of hydro turbine/generator systems and related equipment is preferred as follows: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic as well as PLC programming and troubleshooting skills and ability to perform related essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High voltage transmission and distribution training and experience.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Hold a valid US Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows based software including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to learn additional BPNE software.
- Experience with related mechanical and electrical OSHA safety standards.
- Experience with protective relays
Brookfield Renewable Power - 11 months ago
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...