As an intern at the Hispanic Leadership Network, an initiative of the American Action Forum, you will report to the HLN team. As part of the HLN team, you will learn to analyze trends within the community and apply them to a national effort to further engage Hispanics. Depending on your strengths, you will be assigned to either the communications department or the grassroots/engagement department, working with experienced staff with proven track records on reaching the Hispanic community.
A few examples of projects completed by previous interns in the Hispanic Leadership Network include:
- Research and keep current with legislation and news that directly affects the Hispanic community.
- Research healthcare, education, immigration, economic policy and write policy recommendations for the conservative Hispanic community.
- Research Hispanic voter demographics in swing states.
- Aid in planning and execution of grassroots advocacy in targeted swing states.
- Provide assistance at Hispanic Leadership Network regional conferences.
- Develop marketing/social media plans to promote national awareness of the Hispanic Leadership Network
As part of the internship, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Research assistance: Interns will provide research assistance and data collection for their issue area director when in the office
- Event attendance: Interns will attend Capitol Hill hearings, private speaker events, and events held by other DC think tanks to analyze and report on the information presented
- Forum event support : Interns will help promote, run, and evaluate all Forum events
- Semester project : Interns will write a paper on a topic of their choice to be completed by the end of the semester. Issue area directors will assist the interns with their research and writing - the final papers will be published on the Forums website.
Hours and Compensation
- Interns must be available for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Interns will be provided an hourly wage to cover transportation and living expenses
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own computer/equipment
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- An interest in the politics and policies of center-right conservatives
- Creative and knowledgeable in methods of engaging the Hispanic community
- Self-starting attitude
- Quantitative skills are desired
Please include in your application a preferred start date, resume, cover letter, and writing sample of less than 1,500 words.
American Action Forum - 7 months ago