"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
You'll be performing routine histology procedures as well as enzymatic histochemistry and immunohistochemistry procedures, including microtomy. Come join us where YOU can assist in expediting turn around time of biopsy results with the highest quality.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares tissue specimens and serologic studies for pathologic diagnosis, teaching, and research purposes.
- Logs in specimens.
- Performs serologic, immunohistochemical, and immunoelectrophoresis procedures on specimens.
- Performs tissue embedding in paraffin, cutting, sectioning, staining, and mounting on slides.
- Prepares regular and special reports on procedures performed on individual specimens and processing of tissues through the laboratory.
- Maintains logs and prepares regular reports regarding the maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains a clean working area.
Histology Technician II:
High school diploma/equivalent with two years of experience as a Histology Technician. American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) registration certified.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...