Teach Early Modern (Continental) European History, including Renaissance, Reformation and Enlightenment. Teach General Education European courses. Effective teaching, continuing preparation, student advising, service, and scholarly activities.
• PhD or ABD in History with emphasis in Early Modern (Continental) European Cultural and/or Social History.
• Ability to teach Renaissance, Reformation, Enlightenment, and European surveys in General Education.
• Experience successfully teaching college level courses.
• Ability to use technology in support of teaching.
• Commitment to continuing professional development, student advising, and service.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The History department at Minnesota State University, Mankato has 11 full-time faculty, about 190 majors, including candidates for secondary teaching, and 25 current graduate students. The department offers coursework leading to bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees with a major and minor in History. Both Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees are offered. The Social Studies bachelor of science is available in non-teaching or with teacher licensure, both with history concentrations. Minnesota State University, Mankato has an active Ethnic Studies Department and a strong commitment to multicultural education. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- Three (3) letters of reference sent to the Search Chair at the address listed below.
Kathleen L. Gorman, Search Chair
Minnesota State University, Mankato
110 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 17 months ago