Coordinate, monitor, and review chart submission procedures of EDRC in conjunction with records management/scanning departments and coding/billing companies.
- Interview, hire, train/educate and terminate EDRC
- Analysis and supervision of EDRC’s timely submission of daily charts and stray/deficient charts
- Produce, review and distribute stray and deficient reports
- Monitor processes, productivity and efficiency of EDRCs
- Evaluate EDRC 90 days after hire date and annual evaluations thereafter
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Coordinate special projects from Corporate Office or Regional Office to EDRCs
- Review charts for coding issues i.e., ‘code as is’; determine unbillable charts
- Travel to facilities as needed:
- Train new employees
- Redesign processes due to low targets, problems, outstanding chart backlog
- Assist/train for scanning implementation
- Back up role of EDRC in emergencies
- Payroll review for missed punches, time off requests, scheduled hours worked, holiday pay
- Facilitate communication between EDRC, Corporate Office, coding and Regional Offices.
- Proactively communicate to the Divisional Medical Records Manager--and regional teams on any issues.
- Attend the weekly/monthly divisional/regional calls to provide issues, status of projects, etc.
- Resolve problems regarding missing charts through communication with the EDRC, Divisional Medical Records Manager, Regional Vice President/Nurse Liaison and/or hospital
- Communication with Hospital Administration and pertinent department managers
- Attend start-up meetings with Regional Operations Teams at newly contracted facilities
- Act as a liaison between EDRC and hospital staff
- Speak with each EDRC at least monthly
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of management experience
- Supervisory/management skills
- General understanding of the reimbursement process for emergency medicine, coding and billing process, and related reporting needs.
- 3 years of experience in management/healthcare
- Previous hospital/medical experience; experience with medical records management is preferable
- Possess the maturity, sophistication and professional demeanor to interface with all levels of management, staff, physicians, hospital administration and patients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Able to read, analyze and interpret documents. Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Can interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written and oral form.
- Able to perform basic mathematical skills. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of core concepts. Capable of working on projects independently but may require assistance with advanced concepts.
Schumacher Group - 13 months ago