The INSPIRIS Home Assessment program offers the opportunity to complete a full history and physical assessment for patients in the comfort of their own home during a single visit. The Nurse Practitioner is provided the necessary equipment and medical supplies needed to perform the assessments, and is required to submit documentation at the completion of the assessment. This position requires travel to patients' homes.
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the comprehensive, accurate and thorough assessment of the assigned member population, including timely completion of all required assessment documentation (paper or electronic).
- The Nurse Practitioner will ensure that all pertinent and active medical conditions are documented in the medical record in a manner compliant with CMS, INSPIRIS and client requirements.
- All follow-up referrals and recommendations remain the responsibility of the primary care provider, health plan and emergency services as appropriate.
- At the time of each assessment visit, the Nurse Practitioner will make general recommendations to members intended to improve members' knowledge of their chronic condition(s), such as information concerning recommended testing. The Nurse Practitioner will not be responsible for prescribing or changing a member's treatment plan.
- When information is available about gaps in care (disease-specific or preventive), Nurse Practitioner will educate assigned members about recommended services and refer members back to their Primary Care Provider.
- Nurse Practitioner will recognize emergent or urgent situations requiring escalation and take appropriate action as specified in INSPIRIS' policies.
- Performs other duties that are consistent with meeting department and organizational goals.
- Active un-encumbered license to practice nursing in the state where the position is located.
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP is preferred.
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience preferred..
- Valid driver's license and required liability insurance for personal vehicle.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families.
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial.
- Comfortable working independently in a home-visit setting.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the agreed upon territory to conduct home assessments either via their personal vehicle or public transportation, during typical business hours.
- Ability to spend 1-2 hours at a time with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed/remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members/family members that are tobacco users.
- Willingness to perform procedures for self and other provider's patients.
- Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...