- 5-7 years
JOB SUMMARY: To maintain daily operations of the Home Care department. To participate in the development, coordination and evaluation of Home Care initiatives.
- Participates in the development, initiation and evaluation of annual corporate priorities for the Home Care department.
- Schedules clinical and support staff to meet needs of patients/clients and use personnel effectively for 24 hour operation of services
- Assists with development and monthly monitoring of annual budget for the department and coordinates the delivery of services to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Provides administrative support, to include development and review of department competencies and job descriptions.
- Liaisons with academic institutions to provide and oversee placement of students in home care settings.
- Schedules and facilitates regular staff meetings and home co-visits with clinical staff.
- Interviews, hires and provides orientation for new Home Care staff.
- Provides effective supervision and guidance for assigned employees; discusses performance with each employee on a regular basis, at least quarterly. Monitors performance in light of Stella Maris mission and core values.
- Completes each annual evaluation by the date due. Maintains documentation to support ratings. Evaluations include specific comments on outstanding/unacceptable performance, appropriate remedial action and goals for the year.
- Understands the purpose of disciplinary action and uses it appropriately. Prepares and delivers disciplinary actions no later than the employee’s next shift after the incident and complies with the Performance Management policy.
RN, CPR Valid Drivers License
REQUIRED EDUCATION: ASSOCIATES DEGREE / BSN PREFERRED
Advanced Computer Skills
Up to 40 pounds occassionally
Employee may be required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, kneel and/or assist residents.