Banner Home Care Colorado is currently seeking a Home Care Rehab Services Sr. Manager.
Banner Home Care Coloradio provides home care services to approximately 450 patients. Care is provided by nurses, therapists and aides who are all revenue generating clinical staff. Our therapy department is a significant area of our home care department and we currently have around 18 therapists who do approximately 400 visits per month. Our home care caseload is approximately 60% orthopedic patients.
This position is responsibole for overssing all of the therapists, managing and evaluating the therapists, as well as reviewing their paperwork and auditing for proper reassessments.
About Banner Home Care
Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a rehabilitation department(s)/area in the achievement of balanced initiatives and delivery of excellent patient care. This includes accountability for planning, directing, and monitoring operational, programmatic and patient outcomes. The incumbent will be responsible for evaluations, recruitment, retention and disciplinary actions as needed with consultation from the Director as needed. Incumbent will be responsible for developing the budget while executing financial acumen and problem solving/plan of actions relating to that budget. Outstanding communication, problem solving, change management and relationship skills are required to influence employee engagement, resource utilization and patients and physician satisfaction. Incumbent must inspire employees to achieve personal and professional goals and objectives. The position is responsible for role modeling service excellence in all interactions and leading a culture of recognition and celebration.
- Provides leadership and direction to the rehabilitation staff to continuously improve clinical, financial and service outcomes. Develops performance goals and objectives for the department consistent with those of the facility and the organization’s overall strategic plan. Monitors and analyzes the results to identify trends and opportunities for improvement. Assures the successful achievement of balanced initiatives by effectively "connecting the dots" and promoting staff participation and shared leadership involvement. Utilizes data to support process improvement initiatives.
- Oversees and Manages the daily operations of the department. Participates in developing, monitoring and revising department policies and procedures consistent with current standards of practice. Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, revising program specific guidelines essential to the achievement of department initiatives. Assesses and maintains a staffing plan that efficiently and effectively utilizes the appropriate resources ensuring competency, skill mix and adequate number of staff. Responsible for promoting staff participation in Gallup Q12 and achieving department impact goals.
- Recruits and selects "best fit" competent, talented and self-directed employees. Ensures thorough orientation and training of all clinical and non-clinical staff in assigned work areas. Utilizes performance recognition program to coach employees on accountability, performance and service standards. Provides timely and meaningful performance assessments and co-created action plans that promote personal and professional development.
- Facilitates and provides patient centered interdisciplinary care. Ensures clinical and age specific competency of staff. Promotes clinical excellence by monitoring objectives and outcomes of preceptor program. Maintains own clinical awareness and competencies as required by the department in order to assure competency of staff and mentor staff to improve clinical performance and problem-solving skills.
- Investigates and initiates the resolution of patient and /or physician complaints. Responsible for patient rounding and data collection to enhance patient satisfaction. Investigates and develops new and renewed processes that produce an improved level of service. Role models behaviors consistent with Banners service standard initiatives.
- Develops and achieves department annual budget. Monitors financial performance reports and makes staffing and operational adjustments to meet performance targets. Accountable for monitoring and achieving individual employee and department productivity targets. Identifies and makes recommendations for equipment needs, including capital equipment. Provides leadership to the adherence of JCAHO and other regulatory agency standards.
- Seeks out opportunities to build relationships with physicians, hospital and facility peers, and other people resources who can contribute to the success of department's initiatives. Identifies opportunities to improve service delivery and/or program growth.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Graduate of an accredited program in Occupational, Physical, Audiology or Speech Language Pathology
Must a hold a current license in their respective discipline
A minimum of four years of clinical experience, two years related to the patient population and scope of practice is preferred. Two years of leadership experience, staffing and team building is required. Must demonstrate excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, complex problem solving skills and the ability to direct, monitor, evaluate and plan processes.
Multi-line/feature telephone, personal computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, typewriter, pager and therapy equipment for patient care.
Masters degree preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Hoist this Banner high! Banner Health is one of the largest secular not-for-profit health systems in the US. The organization operates...