The New Store Opening Ops Team will conduct the training of new store Department Managers (MOD) with an emphasis on Grocery and Dairy/Frozen as well as general staff in the new store setting. All training will be conducted in accordance with company policy and procedure, and with a focus on modeling and imbuing World Class Customer Service.
- Using a hands-on training approach, guides new Grocery Managers and Dairy/Frozen Managers through their job requirements and working with the staff in the grocery and dairy/frozen department and teaching customer service and merchandising.
- Trains general staff according to company policy and expectations in all areas of the store including but not limited to: SAP, ordering, receiving, cashiering, Front End and MOD Cash Handling responsibilities, Daily Sales Report (DSR), Opening and Closing Procedures, etc.
- Conducts all training with a focus on World Class Customer Service
- Imbues trainees with the skills necessary to manage their inventory profitably, so that all department goals are met including COGS, purchase to sales, and managing shrink.
- Models World Class Customer Service, and adheres to all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Must accomplish the successful training of all trainees within the provided training period, while also ensuring that the store and store staff can function independently after Operations departs.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess experience in grocery and dairy/frozen departments, with a strong knowledge of the policies of the NGVC store, with heavy emphasis on SAP, ordering, receiving, cashiering, Front End and MOD Cash Handling responsibilities (DSR, Opening and Closing Procedures, etc.)
- Must be efficient with receiving with SAP.
- Must possess strong merchandising skills
- Must possess the ability to perform store opening and closing procedures per company policy and expectations.
- Must possess a positive demeanor, which includes staying calm in challenging situations and in all interactions with other employees and customers.
- Must possess patience, and train via a hands on learning approach for the trainee.
- Experience with ordering and maintaining stores inventory is a must.
- Staff management experience is a plus.
- Fluent in SAP inventory systems a must.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self motivated and capable of working independently.
- Must be driven to succeed in meeting all deadlines in a timely manner.
- Schedule must be flexible and must be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- This position requires (but is not limited to) travel up to 3 weeks travel at a time for each new store opening, and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Demonstrated success transferring knowledge to all levels of the store
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs, repetitive lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the use of both arms and both hands with full range of motion.
- Must be able to bend at the waist and knees, twist, push and pull
- Must be able to kneel, squat, and climb
- Must be able to reach overhead and away from the body
- Must be able to stand for at least 90% of the time
- Must be able to walk for at least 90% of the time
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that my not be listed in this job description.
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage - 17 months ago