Under limited supervision, manages program activities and provides resources for quality learning experience for students in the Homeland Security program by ensuring coherence in the discipline and relevance to the practice. The program director supports student learning outcomes, ensures program quality, and discipline integrity with a focus on student learning and retention while serving as the LCCC liaison to the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. Up to 20 hours per week.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
Location: Must be available to work in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Other tasks may be assigned based on institutional need.
- Supervises/monitors each class and instructor to ensure a quality learning environment and experience is occurring.
- Responsible for marketing and growing the Homeland Security program.
- Engage with external expert reviewers to review program content; execute reviewer recommendations as applicable. Convene and chair Industry Advisory Board meetings.
- Research, evaluate and prepare recommendations on current and future curricula.
- Manages and distributes grant funding for scholarships, program improvements, and marketing, according to policies and procedures of LCCC and Wyoming Office of Homeland Security.
- Regularly advises students on education requirement and courses to attain a degree or certificate in Homeland Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to this position from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of experience in Homeland Security or a closely related field.
- Preferred Areas of Expertise and Experience include: Terrorism, Intelligence, Immigration, Law Enforcement, Border/Coastal Security, or Cyber Warfare/Security.
- College level teaching experience.
- Online teaching experience.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County receives and makes federal, state and local grants for activities ranging from Homeland Security and Victim Services to Road...