From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance throughout packaging process . Ryt-ways goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
The incumbent for the Hopper Filler position will have the overall responsibility of maintaining the supply of bulk product into hoppers, verifying the bulk product is accurate and proper for the production line at Ryt-way.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Hopper Filler has the accountability for verifying that bulk product is being used and supplied to the appropriate production line. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Hopper Filler consist of but are not limited to:
· Transport bulk product by operating pallet jack
· Position and load bulk product into hoppers and production equipment
· Perform visual quality check to ensure bulk product is not defective or damaged and that it is the appropriate product for the specified production line.
· Scan product tags to verify correct components and record product information.
· Prioritize tasks to ensure hopper does not run empty.
· Input data into the line menu computer program
· Report any issue to Line Lead or Area/Team Lead
· Maintain a clean and organized work area
· Monitor and empty dust collection containers
· Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
· Focus on detail of product
· Willingness to work overtime when asked.
· Maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
· Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Area/Team Lead.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge
· Contributes to team effort by maintaining regular attendance, communicating regularly and professionally, accomplishing related results and performing all other necessary duties as directed by manager(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Understand verbal and written instructions
· Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
· Basic computer skills
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
A Hopper Filler of Ryt-way Industries, LLC shall be considered to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have occurred:
· Satisfactory performance of all essential job duties
· Employee maintains a positive attitude and production relationship with co-workers
· Employee works as a team member and helps out where ever needed
· Employee is willing to work overtime when asked
· Employee follows all safety precautions and regulations
Ryt-way’s number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
· Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
· Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
· Provide post-accident drug screen
NOTE: In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In an 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously stand and walk
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level
· Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
· Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
· Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
· Continuously be around moving machinery
· Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
This position is non-exempt making it eligible for overtime
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job