As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life’s ever-changing landscape.
Under RN direction and supervision, the Hospice Aide performs personal care, homemaker assistance and defined nursing procedures for terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
- Current Florida certificate as CNA.V
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in the State of Florida.
- Reliable transportation to meet work schedule.
- One (1) year CNA or home health aide experience (Hospice Aide Training Program can be substituted for homecare/hospice experience).
- Ability to use equipment with visual auditory mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) in English.
- Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring for terminally ill patients and their families.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to physically access any home or facility in assigned area, i.e., navigate stairs, and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning.
- Must be able/willing to have contact with individuals with communicable diseases.
- Maintain competencies/contact hours as required by HPC and state.
- Provide patient/caregiver services according to written Hospice Aide/Caregiver Plan of Care and HPC policies and procedure
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to moving, positioning and transferring patients.
- Assist patient and or caregiver in maintaining a clean and safe home.
- Provide caregiver relief as part of the plan of care.
- Transport medications, supplies, lab specimens, documents and other items needed to meet the plan of care as requested by the RN Care Coordinator.
- Under the direction or supervision of an RN, the Hospice Aide may perform activities that promote activities of daily living.
- Contribute to the development of the Hospice Plan of Care by reporting observations to RN
- Immediately report to the RN or supervisor any changes in patient/caregiver needs
- Maintain medical records in accordance with HPC policies and procedures, i.e., Santrax documentation.
- Attend HPC and mandatory scheduled meetings and participates in committees.
- Attend HPC and community educational offerings as appropriate.*
- Perform other job related duties as requested.*
Chapters Health System - 23 months ago
Our Mission: Serving People With Compassion and Dignity
Our Vision: To Provide the Exceptional Hospice Experience