HOSPICE NURSE (RN)
Grade 8.1, NE
To provide a wide range of basic nursing care to terminally ill patients in a home care setting, under close clinical supervision, with a focus on patient education and palliative care to meet the physical, and emotional needs of patients, while educating and providing support to families.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide a wide range of basic nursing care to terminally ill patients in their homes, under close personal and procedural clinical supervision
· Provide emotional support and general companionship to patients and their families and other caregivers, before and after death, as appropriate to individual circumstances.
· Assist in managing a caseload of patients, including performing initial in-home assessments, developing appropriate care plans and revising as circumstances change, scheduling visits, and so forth.
· Travel to and from patients' homes and VNA offices.
Partial functional supervision of several Hospice Nursing Assistants working on assigned cases.
Current RN license in Vermont
Bachelor's or higher degree in nursing (or other appropriate discipline), or a combination of directly related skills and education.
· Broad base of basic clinical nursing knowledge and skills, with some relevant nursing experience working with the very elderly and terminally ill desirable.
· Previous experience working alone, without a supervisor immediately available, and as a member of a clinical team desirable.
· Ability to travel extensively in order to conduct home visits.
· Automobile Bodily Injury Liability insurance with coverage amounts of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident.
Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties - 2 years ago