Windsor Nursing and Rehab Center is now hiring cooks to join our team. Apply today - sign on bonus offered for a limited time!
Windsor NRC is owned and operated by Care Initiatives which has recently enhanced our anniversary bonus program. In return for your commitment to providing outstanding quality care, employees can earn $500 - 2000 per year based on their years of service. Both full and part-time employees are eligible. A part-time cook in good standing is eligible for a $500 anniversary bonus on their one-year anniversary.
Care Initiatives is Iowa’s largest not-for-profit senior care providers with more than 50 locations throughout Iowa.
EOE/AAP Veterans and Disabled
- Completion of approved Food, Safety and Sanitation Study Course
- Completion of Care Initiatives Dietary Orientation which includes training on modified diets
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in quantity food preparation and service.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Prepare residents’ diets in accordance with diet orders and daily menus.
- Assist the food service supervisor to determine the amount and type of food necessary to prepare the daily menus.
- Monitor use of food to eliminate waste.
- Follow posted menus for food preparation.
- Stock food in compliance with dietary policies and procedures.
Position reports to: Dietary Services Manager