Hospice RN On-Call
Job ID: : 26120
Department: : HOL Nursing Care
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8101 Office Bldg
Position Type: : On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: : This is an on-call position, Days and hours may vary Monday through Friday,8:30am - 5:00pm. May include some weekends if needed.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 0
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for an On-Call Hospice RN. This position will Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. Provide end-of-life care to patients needing palliative or hospice services in their home or community setting. May provide case management, admissions facilitation, clinical support, continuous care, after hours call, and/or other skilled nursing expertise with end-of-life care.
This is an on-call position. Days and hours may vary, Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00 pm. May include weekend hours. 7 days a week based on your availability and RN need. Will drive to multiple locations based on need, must have valid driver’s license.
May also provide for continuous hours of care visits as needed for 1:1 nursing care at the bedside for patients with symptoms that need to be managed. Flexibility shifts and times as nursing help is needed 24/7 in these patients’ homes.
- Identifying the patient’s and family’s physical, psychosocial, environmental, safety and developmental needs and individualizing the patient’s plan of care based on the needs identified.
- Assessing all aspects of the patient’s pain and developing an individualized pain management plan.
- Anticipating, preventing and treating undesirable symptoms or secondary symptoms.
- Identifying and addressing comfort care needs.
- Supporting, instructing and educating the patient, family, and caregiver.
- Documenting problems, nursing assessments, appropriate goals, care provided, care interventions and patient and family outcomes achieved from intervention and care provided.
- Coordinating all patient and family services.
- Maintaining the dignity of the dying patient.
- Supporting the patient’s and family’s unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
- Providing holistic, family-centered care across treatment settings to improve the quality of life.
- Consulting and collaborating with the interdisciplinary team and others involved in the patient’s care.
- Providing care consistent with National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization standards of practice for hospice programs.
- Implementing care to achieve outcomes of comfortable and safe dying, self-determined life closure and effective grieving for patient and family.
- Supervising and directing care of other nursing personnel including RNs, LPNs, and Home Health Aides.
- Maintaining patient and personal safety regarding occupational health and safety.
- Participating in scheduled weekend work (i.e., visits or triage of patient calls).
- Participating in evening/night call schedule.
- Participating in Quality Improvement program.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Two years recent nursing experience in acute, long-term care or home care/hospice/public health full time (in past five years).
- Current RN licensure in Minnesota.
- Current RN licensure in Wisconsin within two months of hire
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated patient care planning and patient teaching skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current MN Driver’s License and daily access to reliable, insured vehicle.
- Computer literacy.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing or health related discipline.
- Home Care, Hospice or Public Health experience.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) certification or CHPN certification after two (2) years full time employment.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers and click on job opportunities.
- Free of physical and mental disabilities, which would interfere with the ability to independently deliver care to patients in their homes.
- Visual, auditory, and tactile acuity sufficient to make complete and accurate nursing assessments.
- Able and willing to drive a car in weather conditions typical of the upper Midwest.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Availability to do home visit for routine hospice nurse visits 8:30-5 pm, 7 days a weeks base don your availability and RN need. will drive to multiple locations based on need, must have valid driving license and reliable car. May also provide for continuous hours of care visits as needed for 1:1 nursing care at the bedside for patients with symptoms that need to be managed. Flexibile shifts and times as nursing help is needed 24/7 in these patients homes.
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
HealthPartners - 17 months ago