The Volunteer Coordinator is a member of the hospice Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) and is responsible for the recruitment, retention, coordination, training and supervision of volunteers providing services to the hospice patients and families. The Volunteer Coordinator acts as a liaison between the hospice and the communities it serves. While maintaining volunteer services documentation and volunteer personnel files in accordance with Federal and State regulations, and hospice policies. The Volunteer Coordinator develops and executes the volunteer training program.
Please note: This position is part-time working 24 hours per week.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Recruits, interviews, and supervises applicants for hospice volunteer work
- Collaborates with Hospice Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) members to develop, provide, integrate and implement individualized written plans of care for patient and family for volunteer services
- Coordinates and conducts volunteer training program
- Reviews written reports and observes work activities of volunteers to evaluate work, ensure compliance and resolve grievances
- Participates in programs of public education, advocacy and public recognition for volunteer workers and for related community groups
- Develops and supervises current and accurate records and reports including statistical data for program evaluation
- Develops contacts and utilizes community resources to provide adjunct support services to enhance program delivery
- Attends staff meetings and participates in other such appropriate meetings and committees
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Bachelor's degree in human/social services or equivalent experience
- Project management skills, organized and detail oriented
- Competent in written and oral communication including group presentations is required
- Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage
- Computer knowledge and experience is required.
Additional Assets Preferred:
- Customer service experience highly preferred
- 1 year experience as volunteer coordinator and/or a volunteer
- Hospice experience
- Healthcare experience
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 19 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...