TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
Descriptive Title: Hospital Attendant 1 (1 F/T Night position)
Budget Title: Hospital Attendant
State Classified Position
Department: Patient Transport Services
State Line#: 15433
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Required Qualifications: Must be able to perform medium to heavy physical labor.
Preferred Qualifications: High School Diploma
Brief Description of Duties:
- As a priority, transport patients, equipment and materials/computer printouts/specimens to all areas of the hospital in the most timely and efficient manner in a way that exhibits a courteous customer service attitude.
- Locate equipment during retrieval runs to replenish our inventory.
- Transport the deceased to the hospital morgue.
- Wash equipment in the equipment washing area of Transport Services.
- Monitor the dispatching responsibility by answering phones, logging calls and dispatching Transport Services Personnel.
- Perform daily scheduled runs for the delivery of computerized reports, supplies and Medical Records.
- Responsible to ensure that all services are being performed efficiently and acts as the responsible party to respond to service issues and take appropriate remedial action.
Other Duties: All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: 1 Full-Time Night position - 11:00 pm - 7:30 am - Days vary - including every other weekend. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 2 years ago