The Springhill Suites and Residence Inn Scripps/Poway, located just off Interstate 15 in north San Diego, is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic person to join our team as a Hospitality Attendant/Breakfast Attendant.
Job Title: Hospitality Attendant/Breakfast Attendant
Department: Public Space AM
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Position Summary: The purpose of the Hospitality/Breakfast Attendant is to service the breakfast buffet while maintaining above standard food quality, safety, and an excellent guest experience.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Provides personalized service to all guests.
- Regularly greets, communicates and converses with all guests in the gatehouse/lodge.
- Sets up and maintains the breakfast buffet in an attractive looking, organized, clean and standardized presentation.
- Continuously checks food to ascertain that appearance, temperature, and portions are correct.
- Knows what products are served.
- Displays knowledge of all menu items, contents, and preparation methods. Is prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
- Clears and cleans tables as they are vacated.
- Wipes up spills.
- Removes trash.
- Breaks down breakfast/social hour area. Returns reusable food supplies to storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes counters, floors, storage areas, utensils, equipment and common areas as specified.
- Listens and responds to guest requests or concerns.
- Language skills: Has the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled less than or more than normal.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing
- Sanitation procedures
- Food and Beverage Experience is preferred
- Guest service skills
- Ability to handle comments and suggestions
- Problem solving skills
- Physical Demands
- No educational requirement
- Regularly works near heat sources and hot surfaces
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or other chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Seeing - Must be able to see well enough to navigate tight spaces, read food tempuratues, and log daily activities and food tempuratures legibly.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility - Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling - Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting - Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling - Must be able to write (filling out daily activity and tempurature logs), and use a computer (online food and supply orders).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change wiht business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group - 18 months ago