Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur Connect is the platform that enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
Reports to Manager, US Hosting Operations
- The person in this position must be self-motivated and able to function with little supervision
- Install and configure Progress RDBMS
- Manage dump/loads, backups, restore and recovery across multiple data centers
- Manage database security and provide auditing proof to satisfy PCI/SOX requirements
- Monitor database performance and system resources
- Experience with clustering, upgrades and data continuity
- Perform disaster recovery planning and testing across multiple data centers
- Develop functional and technical documentation
- Follow and refine change control procedures and policies related to database environment
- Create metrics/monitoring capabilities using existing tools
- Write and maintain documentation for the Progress environment as it grows
- Maintain the environment in a 24x7 environment
- Minimal/no travel is required
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Progress 9 or OpenEdge 10 using Progress 4GL
- BS/BA degree preferred in the field of computer science or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a government background check
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting (korn shell and perl) BS/BA degree preferred in the field of computer science or equivalent
- Self-starter with sound troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 would be a big plus
- MySQL experience would be helpful.
Critical Performance Competencies:
- This is an exciting opportunity to become the lead Progress DBA in an existing database administration group running Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and now Progress.
- This environment will grow rapidly as we expand the Progress environment as part of a recently signed contract.
- Ability to work independently discovering opportunities to make the environment highly available and responsive in an SAAS environment.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...