ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
1. Practice and abide by all KSL Hotel del Coronado rules and regulations, safety and sanitation policies at all times.
2. Ensure all health safety regulations are in compliance at all times at a 95% or better for health scores
3. Achieve compliance with all Health Department regulations – special attend to temperature control of heating, cooling, reheating, storage, dating rotation and holding temperatures. Regulating to include a temperature control log at all times
4. Ability to assist in changing menus seasonally and create best in class food product
5. Ability to perform 90% of job function within minimal supervision
6. Responsible for all menu and recipe knowledge
7. Ability to positively impact food costs through proper requisitions, portion control, and waste management.
8. Ensuring production schedules and time lines are met
9. Ensuring the staff is at their work stations and meets their schedule/attendance/break requirements and relies on Sous Chef for violations.
10. Train cooks, pantry cooks, and prep cooks on menu/recipe knowledge and Health and Safety issues
11. Responsible for completion and assistance in creation of all production lists assigned
12. Maintain daily freshness of all products
13. Communicates all need and requirements to Sous Chefs
14. Directly supervise employees in culinary department
15. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
16. Assist in training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and solving problems
17. Responsible for daily tasks of all Culinary operation in assigned areas.
18. Ability to work under a multi task environment
19. Must be certified with a Food Handler’s card or passed the Food Handlers test given by the hotel.
20. Must always maintain a safe work environment
Directly supervises employees in the Culinary Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 4 years in a Culinary Department in a hotel, restaurant or club.
KSL Resorts - 21 months ago
San Diego Marriott Del Mar
San Diego, CA
Hospitality Online, Inc.
- 3 days ago