This position is responsible for providing administrative assistance for Information Systems Management as it relates to business matters. This also includes:
• meeting with management on correspondence, memos and letters as needed
• ensuring all correspondence is taken care of in a timely manner
• scheduling meetings, appointments and managing calendars
• attending monthly business meetings if needed
• developing, typing and editing memos, letters, etc., and ensuring accuracy
• checking and following up on voice messages, emails and correspondence for management
• ensuring that expense statements, invoices and phone bills are accurate and distributed for sign-off
• analyzing, coordinating & updating project status sheets
• coordinating agenda’s, running & printing reports for project meetings
• working on special assignments/projects as needed, and
• lending support to I/S Management and other administration efforts as needed.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• high school diploma, or equivalent
• two years of experience providing one-on-one administrative assistance at a director level or executive level
• excellent attendance and punctuality record
• in-depth knowledge of general office practices and procedures
• in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a main component of their job
• ability to communicate effectively with associates and all levels of the company
• ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadline constraints
• ability to create letters, reports and memos
• good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
• obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work, and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
• working knowledge of Microsoft Access and
• two years of I/T experience.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
· Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
· An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
· 401(k) retirement savings plan
· Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
· Group dental plan
· Group vision plan
· Sick pay
· Long-term disability insurance
· Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vacation pay
· 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
· Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
· Paycheck direct deposit
· Credit union
· Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.