Employees are responsible for the daily cleaning of patient rooms, nursing stations, ancillary rooms, bathrooms and offices in assigned areas of a pre-written schedule. Will be responsible for washing and making beds on check-outs and must understand and use chemicals and products as instructed in cleaning. Must also perform other duties as assigned.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a clean and aseptic environment as determined by the department and hospital.
- Will use OPX Space Care cleaning procedures for all patient, office and ancillary rooms. Will remove dirt and marks from all surfaces in accordance with OPX Space Care and Floor Care. Employee must achieve at least an 86% score in cleanliness outcome per month as noted by the Supervisor's inspection report.
- Must perform check-outs and transfer cleaning of patient rooms. Will be required to make beds using clean linen and release the room to the supervisor within 30 minutes of request.
- Must complete cleaning of assigned area as scheduled daily.
- Must spot clean furniture and carpet as necessary on a daily basis.
- Must clean emergency spills immediately upon request.
- Will be required to remove debris from floor surfaces routinely throughout the day.
- Will be responsible for project cleaning of walls, windows, rolling stock or any other items assigned in work area.
- Will perform isolation cleaning procedures as required by hospital infection control guidelines.
- Use safety precautions when cleaning.
Use of Chemicals
- Must be able to identify equipment used in cleaning.
- Will be required to understand and be able to explain use of chemicals required in housekeeping duties.
- Must always exercise safety precautions in daily use and storage of chemicals.
- Will be required to clean equipment daily at the end of each shift.
- Must report needed repairs to supervisor immediately upon observation.
- Will learn proper use of equipment.
Other Related Duties
- Will report to supervisor the need for repair of furniture, building or fixtures immediately upon observation.
- Participate and perform in all emergency situations.
- Will be required to attend all department or hospital meetings as scheduled with no more than three (3) absences during the year.
No education requirements
• Note: Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
3 months total experience required
which includes 3 months of experience in hospital/medical cleaning or will consider relevant experience
Good communication skills are necessary and must have the ability to work with the public.
Displays an attitude of enthusiasm, concern and caring in all contact with employees, patients, visitors and all others with whom contact is made.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Toxic or caustic chemicals
Physical Environment - Infectious disease
Physical Environment - Blood or bodily fluid
Physical Environment - Slippery or uneven surfaces
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...