Housekeeper/Waste Removal/Projects person will complete primary responsibility of cleaning floors in corridors and other assigned areas and will also perform assigned project cleaning, transport trash, shred it bags and soiled linen to specific areas. Will clean patient rooms and other areas as assigned. COMPETENCY STATEMENT: The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a clean and aseptic environment as determined by the department and the hospital.
Linen, trash removal, shred-it bag pick-up, exchange sharps containers, polishes and maintains hospital floors in corridors and other assigned areas.
- Must clean assigned floor surfaces as required using a dry and/or wet mop in accordance with OPX Floor Care.
- Will use prescribed methods in scrubbing, buffing, stripping and refinishing floors as outlined in OPX Floor Care.
- Will be required to pick up trash, linen and shred-it bags when assigned.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of equipment required in floor care and project work procedures and daily completion of cleaning assignments.
- Must clean and store all equipment at the end of each shift.
- Will be required to observe safety procedures in the use of equipment.
- Must return the equipment needing repair to the department and notify the supervisor.
Uses cleaning solutions correctly and safely.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper use of chemicals in cleaning duties daily in accordance with OPX Space Care and Floor Care Cleaning procedures.
- Will be responsible for accurate mixture and use of chemicals in the care of carpeted and hard surface floors.
- Will exercise safety precautions in use and storage of chemicals.
Performs other related duties.
- Will transport or move furniture and perform set-up requirements before scheduled meetings.
- Will complete project cleaning assignments on a daily basis.
- Must report to supervisor furniture, building or fixtures needing repairs upon observation.
- Will be required to participate and perform in all disaster/fire drill duties as described in the emergency manual.
- Must attend department or hospital meetings.
- Will be required to transport or move shred-it and linen bags when assigned.
No education requirements
• Note: Must have the ability to read, write and follow instructions.
3 months total experience required
3 months in-hospital/medical cleaning or will consider relevant experience
Good communication skills and ability to work with the public is necessary. Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
Must display an attitude of enthusiasm, concern and caring in all contact with employees, patients, visitors and all others with whom contact is made.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Work near moving mechanical parts
Physical Environment - Toxic or caustic chemicals
Physical Environment - Outdoor weather conditions
Physical Environment - Infectious disease
Physical Environment - Blood or bodily fluid
Physical Environment - Slippery or uneven surfaces
Physical Environment - Vehicles
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 50 pounds
• (Manage safely with assistance of equipment or another person)
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...