For many of our Friends (residents) nothing can replace home. At Bickford, we don’t ask them to give up their homes, their treasures, their memories. Instead we want them to bring the pieces of the home they love into ours and make it theirs. Our Housekeeping Family Members help preserve those precious memories by ensuring the overall cleanliness of their home. This includes stripping and making beds, vacuuming and dusting and replenishing items such as linens, amenities and various supplies. Housekeeping Family Members also interact with our Friends daily, responding in a timely manner to their requests and ensuring that they see Bickford as an extension of the home they remember
- No prior experience or training required.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out simple instructions.
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. These physical demands must be met by a family member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Ability to adapt and complete other chores as assigned
- Proven reputation for complying to rules/regulations that may affect housekeeping.
- Successful demonstration of maintaining supply area per regulations.
- Proven ability to organize time effectively.
- Deep recognition of potentially dangerous situations and how to work safely with chemicals and equipment.
- Basic understanding of housekeeping techniques and tools.
Bickford Senior Living - 10 months ago