General Description of Duties: The Housekeeper encourages, supports, and implements the philosophy of wellness via direct contact with residents. In addition to facilitating resident well-being by performing basic housekeeping tasks, this individual also assists in coaching and cueing residents as appropriate.
Reports to: DOW
Routine Functions of the Position:
Critical Success Factors:
- Vacuums and dusts all living areas of resident units. Changes linens/makes beds. Removes trash in all units.
- Thoroughly cleans and disinfects all resident bathroom surfaces using approved products.
- Vacuums and dusts all common and office areas. Removes trash from all common and office areas. Cleans and disinfects all bathrooms for public and coworker use using approved products only.
- Checks and cleans if needed laundry room, service kitchen, activity room, dining room.
- Maintains and protects resident and co-worker confidentiality.
- Encourages resident participation in activities within facility.
- Recognizes and respects residents rights.
- Assumes Personal Care Assistant duties as necessary.
- Recognizes and reports fire/safety hazards in building. Reports maintenance needs promptly. Takes all appropriate safety precautions to minimize risk of injury to resident, self, and other co-workers.
- Participates in continuing education programs to promote self-development and contributes to the development of the team by helping new co-workers learn job tasks and responsibilities.
- Practices responsible teamwork as evidenced by participation in facility meetings, commitment to workgroups efforts to improve operations or resolve problems and, a willingness to lend assistance to other facility and campus co-workers.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned or as necessary.
Either possesses or is willing and able to learn the following:
- Exhibits a positive customer service attitude, which includes respect, friendliness and willingness to assist others, consistent completion of job duties, well groomed appearance.
- Displays personal initiative to complete work without constant supervision, by reliable work attendance, and by taking responsibility to address work related problems with the proper individuals.
- Communication skills that include careful listening, sensitivity to emotions attached to the message, thoughtful responses, timely and accurate reporting to appropriate people.
- Commitment to confidentiality that pertains to both resident and co-worker information. Relates personal information only to appropriate supervisory co-workers for action or attention.
- Approaches work with a flexible attitude. Can change course of activity with changing resident demands without experiencing undue stress or frustration.
- Stand/walk up to eight hours a day.
- Sit up to four hours a day.
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently kneel, bend, and reach.
- Operate washers and dryers, vacuum cleaner, call bell/intercom/telephone systems.
- Workplace includes entire building, excluding the attic.
Experience: Entry level position. Prior experience in similar environment preferred.
Certification/License: Current CPR certification preferred.
Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe,
efficient performance of the job.
Country Meadows Retirement Communities - 10 months ago
- 14 days ago
Country Meadows is a great place to work.
Country Meadows takes great pride in the fact that our co-workers are known for being among the...