Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer fine-dining, a relaxing Spa, spectacular accommodations and legendary service of the world-renowned hotel group.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Perform and oversee administrative duties such as scheduling, payroll, purchasing and inventory management reports.
- Ensure that all reports required by various offices in the hotel are submitted on a timely basis (payroll for the housekeeping department, scheduling)
- Ensure that all colleagues have total compliance with all standards of operation and service standard requirements.
- Ensure that all schedules are completed and meet the labor management guidelines.
- Oversee the ordering of all supplies to ensure that par levels are maintained and that purchasing is in line with budget.
- Carry out inspections of rooms, public areas and back of house areas on a regular basis to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that linen is properly controlled and ensure that quality of linen laundry service is reviewed daily.
- Participate in all regular and ad hoc operational meetings as required.
- Manage projects and any other reasonable duties as required by hotel management
- Assist with all vacation and leave requests to ensure that staffing guidelines are covered.
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are undertaken fairly and in accordance to hotel policies.
- Comply with and enforce hotel grooming standards with all colleagues.
- Closely monitor all departmental expenses and labor to ensure that they are within budget.
- Ensure operations meet all internal and external audit requirements.
- Work constantly with the Engineering Management team to ensure that any out of order rooms are returned to inventory expediently.
- Ensure that all services offered to the Residences are delivered.
- 1 year of Housekeeping experience in a luxury hotel setting (including internship)
- Must possess a strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literacy which is not limited to: Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Keen eye for style, details and cleanliness
- Knowledge of payroll and budgeting in a large department
- Approachable, open-minded and fair.
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
- High energy
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- College degree in Hospitality Management or similar field preferred.
- Hotel opening experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Springer Miller PMS is an advantage
- Additional languages are an advantage.
Mandarin Oriental - 22 months ago