Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 27 countries with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas, and 12 in Europe and Middle East. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental connected to its properties.
This position is located in our newest property addition in The Americas. The Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, luxury hotel comprises 127 spacious guestrooms and suites, providing guests with unparalleled views of the city. Facilities include an all-day dining restaurant and lounge bar, as well as a wide selection of meeting rooms, including a 130-seat ballroom. The extensive spa facilities are complete with 14 treatment rooms and will feature signature therapies for which Mandarin Oriental spas are renowned.
To provide administrative and coordinating support for the Director of Communications/Director of Sales & Marketing in handling Public Relations and Marketing activity.
To coordinate all media visits and ensure a memorable stay is arranged for them tailored around their needs. Conduct site inspections as needed.
Assist the Director of Communications to handle all in-coming press enquires and that each journalist request is followed-up.
Ensure effective communication with clipping service.
Coordinate in-house promotions including the designing and writing of all promotional material.
Work with Food & Beverage and Spa teams on upcoming promotions and events.
Write and print weekly guest letter.
Manage hotel's social networking sites - Facebook, Twitter, Flickr; add daily posts and tweets.
Develop quarterly social media calendar.
Develop creative packages and contests with the Director of Communications.
Review hotel web site pages for content and accuracy.
Maintain NEWS page with updated content and events.
Ensure that hotel databases are maintained in an accurate and useable fashion.
Assist the Director of Communications in liaising with graphic design company/printer to produce creative and quality pieces.
Use hotel local email database and write and create email blasts from start to finish.
With the Director of Communications, ensure adherence to MOHG corporate identity standards for all promotional material.
With the Director of Communications, ensure all hotel collateral is updated and current and manage inventory of all collateral.
Assist the Director of Communications in arranging and coordinating all requests for photo-shoots, filming and interviews and ensure they are handled according to hotel's procedure. Ensure that the hotel gains maximum, positive coverage where applicable.
Plan, organize and oversee all photography sessions for the hotel. These include major collateral photography, food and beverage shots and press release photos.
Ensure filing systems and photographic libraries are maintained in good order.
Organize photography for VIP visits, exhibitions and social functions.
- Event experience
- Previous experience and knowledge in the same field in the luxury hospitality industry is an advantage.
- Two years prior experience in an administrative sales capacity
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business or related field
- Excellent communication skills both written/verbal in the English language
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality!
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Must hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field (communications, public relations, marketing, hotel)
- Very computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access + basic knowledge of computer/IT hardware and software infrastructures & programming)
- Requires high levels of interaction with all members of staff. Possess high degree of stamina, agility and flexibility
- Able to present themselves with an uplifting personality.
- Strong level of professionalism must be displayed at all times
- Detail oriented a must
- Very Internet savvy (knowledgeable of various online tools & resources)
- Social Media Savvy - Knowledge of maintaining Facebook pages and posts. Knowledge of Twitter, Four Square, Pintrest, Instagram. Can post or blog with ease. Can interpret marketing initiatives and create appropriate postings for social media outlets.
- Has a passion for Social media.
- A minimum of two years of public relations experience (writing, pitching, report-generating)
- Strong knowledge of the public relations field, specifically media relations
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality!
The mission and intent of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to provide leadership to the, room attendants, public area attendants, turndown attendants and houseman and insure the highest level of cleanliness of the hotel rooms and public space to the guests.
Scope of Position
The Housekeeping Supervisor assists the Director of Housekeeping and Housekeeping Manager in supervising all aspects of the department inclusive of all public areas and maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness in all guestrooms and public areas.
The Housekeeping Supervisor reports directly to the Director of Housekeeping and supervises the housekeeping staff
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Compile all inspection checklists for guest rooms, public areas and back of house areas to ensure that hotel is kept in pristine condition at all times.
- Review all customer comments and feedback relating to the Housekeeping
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets. Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant's baskets and lobby attendant closet for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants, using designated checklist. Directly contact Room Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness. Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all colleagues have total compliance with all standards of operation and service standard requirements.
- Hold regular daily communication briefings with colleagues for each shift
- Carry out inspections of rooms, public areas and back of house areas on a regular basis to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.
Mandarin Oriental - 11 months ago