HR Assistant/Payroll Clerk
Department: Human Resources
I. Reporting Relationship
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Primary Work Location: Tara Foods Division-046
II. Purpose of Position
Responsible for support in all areas of the Human Resources function, to include also compensation and benefit administration, safety programs, OSHA compliance, employment and organizational development. Provide overall support of the Safety, Quality, and Reliability of the Plant and Team.
III. Position Responsibilities and Job Functions
Human Resource Specific Responsibilities/Functions
Banked vacations administration
Liaison for benefit problem resolution, plan issues
Responsible for Associate Benefits Orientation
Promote 401(k) participation, support and foster associate engagement in the program
Understanding of all benefit plans - health, dental, Pharmacy, Insurance-Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, LTC, etc
Assist/Co-Facilitate annual Benefit open enrollment for associates
Retirement counseling/retirement processing
Community Service Coordinator- United Way Annual Drive, March of Dimes
Safety Committee Liaison
AC1C Champion/Steering Committee Chair
5S Grounds Team member
Bonus coding - verification
Tracking of hourly reviews
Assist with Pay for Skills program administration
Coordination with regional Payroll Department for special pay issues
Annual audit of employee rates for compliancy to pay plan / contract
Maintain Successor Planning & Development Information
Assist with Campus recruiting / job fair participation
Recognition/Reward programs - AC1C
Communications - quarterly newsletters, corporate info distribution
Associate handbooks - local policy administration
Human Resources Information Systems :
Maintenance of associate records/data
Review available reports for accuracy, corrections, approval
Special pay requests
Human Resources Calibration co-owner
Compliancy contractual obligations pay rates, benefit changes, adherence to workplace practices and rules, consistent application.
Management/Non-union hourly employee dispute resolution - maintain all supporting employee file documentation.
Employee discipline, separations/outplacements - maintain all supporting employee file documentation
Corp/Mfg. HR Initiatives :
Assists HR Manager/Training Manager with setting up meetings, training seminars and company sponsored events
Diversity Scorecard Tracking/Analysis - Quarterly Reporting
Employment Background Verifications-Validex
New Hire Drug Testing-Quest Diagnostics
Managing Unicru system
Performance Reviews (timely/quality) - issue all performance review documentation
Management reminders monthly for upcoming reviews
Update corporate tracking document on period basis
Weekly Unicru database searched for hourly applicant pool
Coordinate Houlry Interviews, both internal/external
Period HR Conference call
Period Safety Call
Period AC1C Call
Plant specific reporting - period, quarterly, annually
PBL Scorecard, Tara SharePoint site
Safety Regulatory Compliance :
Behavioral safety observer
Safety Training Records - Filing when needed
Safety Key Element Process Co-owner Training
Third Party Coordination : (Supports file documentation and reporting)
WOTC- Work Opportunity Tax Credits, TALX - Unemployment services, Quest Diagnostic - oral substance testing, Validex - employment verifications, The Work Number - employment verifications, EAP - Magellan
Vendor Relations :
Uniforms, vending services, temporary agencies, safety supplies/shoes, security
• Providing the necessary support to help foster associate relations and engagement
• Attend/Facilitate Period Home Team Meetings
• Centralize, maintain and track Safety, Quality, and Reliability goals from all associates as linked to their annual performance evaluations. Utilize all tracking resources for updates
• Participate in Impact Map Process and/or Trip Report Completion when attending training.
• Assists associate and managers with the use of the Express HR system, as needed
• Responsible for having a safe work environment and reporting any physical safety related hazards found in the plant.
• Support the plant Behavioral Observation Process by ensuring observations are input into Rincon system as needed
• Participation in accident investigation and file Workers Compensation claims as directed by Human Resources Manager
• Assist in maintenance of training and evaluation process at Tara Foods
• Maintain a level of GMP, which meets all federal, state, local, and company sanitation and food safety requirements
• Responsible for Labor Variance and Material Variance on the shift
• Responsible for controlling Expenses on the shift supporting and developing cost control and reduction programs to achieve optimal results
• Prepare and distributes reports as needed
• Perform other related projects or special assignments as the business demands or necessitates
• Be a resource to plant committees and departments when requested.
• Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
• Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
• The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
IV. Skills Required
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and employee relations. Ability to interact and work with all levels of the organization
• Results oriented
• Ability to lead and influence others
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other skills as needed
• Must be able to use a digital camera
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Flexibility to work any shift as needed
• Presentation/Facilitation Skills
• Strong Planning/Organizational Skills
• Experience with employee relations, performance management, compensation, recruiting and payroll.
• 1-3 years in Human Resources support role required
• Associates’ Degree in related field, preferred but not required
• Language skills: ability to read and interpret safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively and convey information to other employees.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
• Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The Kroger Company has a passion for people as well as results. To help guide your development as an associate you will be coached and assessed on the company’s eight leadership behaviors. The facility HR Manager will provide detailed descriptions of the leadership behaviors for your in-depth understanding.
1. Communicating effectively and candidly
2. Puts the customer first
3. Provides Clear and Strategic Direction
4. Executes with Excellence
5. Leads Change and Innovation
6. Coaches and Develops
7. Leads through positive influence
8. Achieves results through teamwork
As an associate of the Kroger Company you are expected to at ALL times uphold the Kroger Core Values of our company. These values are Honesty, Integrity, Safety, Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect. The Kroger core values are the foundation upon which the preceding leadership behaviors rely upon for execution. Please adhere to the
core values during all working and non-working hours to ensure compliance with the expectations of this company.
V. Degree of Authority
This associate will assume the responsibility of their support role to help ensure the successful operation of the Human Resources Department. This associate will make daily contact with all levels of management, administrative support and hourly associates throughout the facility, as well as with outside vendors and customers.
Approved By: _________________________Date: _______________________
Kroger - 13 months ago