The Human Resource Business Partner for CS STARS supports an individual office or group of offices or business unit and is typically responsible for the management and administration of the staffing and recruitment, employee relations, performance management, learning & development, compensation and other Human Resources functions for that group. The HR Manager is an integral member of their local management team.
- Manages the HR group which administers various human resources plans and initiatives. Develops and implements goals and objectives which support the larger business goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt staff, college recruitment, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations and exit interviewing.
- Manages complex and challenging employee relations. Counsels and advises local management to achieve positive resolutions. Escalates to next level when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and all legal/government parameters. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Takes leading role in the completion of the Performance Assessment and goal setting process. May assists with the annual talent review and strategic succession planning process.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation and salary grades.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Completes reports on a number of employment topics (hires, terminations, severances, turnover). Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to goals and objectives.
- Supports the Learning and Development initiatives. Identifies candidates and makes recommendations for specific training and development programs.
- Works with local management to facilitate the annual budget process.
- Provides HR counsel and partnership to business leaders, managers, and employees in designated business units or geographies
- Partners closely with business leader on facilitating performance/talent management, workforce planning, organizational design and assessment, change management/process improvement consultation, compensation consulting, employee relations issues, leadership coaching, succession planning, HR initiatives, and metrics and trend analysis.
- Participates in the recruitment process, including hiring recommendations and reviewing job offers
- May assist talent acquisition with job fairs and campus recruiting events
- Counsels managers and employees on the consistent application of company policies and procedures including disciplinary actions and performance issues
- Participates in career development issues including discussing career paths with employees and serving as a resource for employees to express their concerns
- Leads the year end compensation process in designated business units or geographies
- Liaison with Benefits on FMLA leaves and other health related situations
- Coaches managers on HR processes and procedures and management best practices
- Supports the HR Leader with the implementation of HR initiatives
Leads the coordination and delivery of organizational training and development efforts
• 6+ years of progressive, HR Business Partner experience preferably in a large and/or matrix organization
• HR experience within the insurance and/or financial services industry a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and SPHR/PHR certification preferred
• Working knowledge and understanding of various human resources policies and procedures
• Foundational understanding of business management and related concepts
• Knowledge of various employment laws (e.g. Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.)
• Must be able to manage priorities and multi-task
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 14 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...