L-3 Integrated Optical Systems (IOS) is a leader in the design, manufacture, and test of space, airborne and ground-based optical subsystems and sensor systems for NASA, DoD, and commercial markets. IOS produces space/airborne telescopes, sensor systems, meter-class terrestrial telescopes, weapon sights, hyperspectral imagers, line of sight control systems, optical systems and state-of-the-art aspheric optical components for applications including: remote sensing, missile defense, tactical and national reconnaissance, weapon fire control and space situational awareness. Major programs include James Webb Space Telescope, Space Surveillance Telescope, SBIRS High, GOES-R ABI, XM-25 and Joint Strike Fighter.
L-3 SSG, headquarters for IOS, is located in Wilmington, Massachusetts, 10 miles north of Boston, providing easy access to the city, and the north shore. IOS has approximately 450 engineers, technicians, and support staff focused on the development and manufacture of advanced EO and photon control solutions. The division offers technologically-differentiated EO and photon-control solutions with a migration towards moderate-level production. IOS offers a flexible work environment, challenging and varied aerospace projects, competitive compensation and a collegial atmosphere.
Human Resources Coordinator
We are looking for an HR Coordinator who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, and or university or who has extensive experience working as an HR Coordinator. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about their work, possess strong interpersonal and business skills.
Support day to day HR Operations activities through the coordination and maintaining standard processes and procedures.
Responsible for maximizing HR systems and technology to enhance service delivery and provide accurate people data and reports related to HRIS, report generation, compensation, relocation, etc.
Rigorously track metrics performance, analyze and provide reporting with great attention to detail
Handles transactional and general functions as a member of the HR Team.
Communicate with employees handling basic questions; direct to Centers of Excellence (COE's Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
Conduct exit processing ensuring communication, payroll and labor process are timely and accurate, preventing any liability or labor risk to the company.
Coordinate on-boarding and New Hire Orientation processes including satellite location as appropriate.
Coordinate and participate in meetings, job fairs and events as appropriate.
Identify and leverage best practices - Eliminate processing redundancies and participate in improvement efforts.
Ensuring Employee Personnel Files are compliant with local legislation and L-3 policies, coordinates with vendor, keeping available for audit and any labor authorities' request.
Take on and successfully complete special projects
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, and or
- BS/BA degree in related fields with 4 years of related experience in HR transaction, benefits or payroll.
- Strong analytical and project tracking skills.
- Strong orientation to detail and process excellence.
- High customer service attitude.
- Prior experience working in a multi divisional company structure
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience navigating efficiently through a matrix organization
- Working knowledge of federal and state HR related regulations and compliance procedures
- Strong communication/ interpersonal skills, interacting and consulting effectively with managers and employees.
- Exceptional in MS Office with depth of knowledge in Excel and Access
Team builder that fosters collaborative relationships and innovation.
Exceptionally strong customer service skills.
Excellent communication skills, respectfully candid speaker
Knowledge of business dynamics
Excellent planning, execution skills and proactive gets things done.
L-3 Integrated Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Behave with the highest integrity
- Insists on quality of work and great attention to detail
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status is required.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...