If you are interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then Cobham may be right for you.
Cobham is an international company engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading edge aerospace and defense technology and systems.
Cobham's products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms.
The Company has three divisions employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some $4+ Billion.
Due to recent contract awards, Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport Iowa has many positions available.Human Resource Generalist - Temporary
Cobham is seeking an HR Generalist to fill a temporary need supporting the existing staff during a growth period for our site. The position is expected to last six months or longer.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs recruitment activities to include creating ads and postings, placing ads in appropriate venues, and attending career fairs.
- Performs selection activities to include administering pre-employment testing, conducting interviews, performing background checks, and extending employment offers.
- Assists with training administration.
- Administration of corporate benefit plans.
- Performs classification activities to include performing job analysis activities and creating job descriptions.
- Maintains information in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Maintains Human Resources related files to include personnel, training recordsand benefit files.
- Performs specialized projects as needed.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- The Generalist will be required to effectively work with personnel in other departments and directorates.
- All other related duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Must be experienced and proficient using common PC software and Business Operating Systems to effectively process business transactions.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of Human Resources.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to assume duties and responsibilities on a shifting basis and be able to adapt to each on short notice.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with customers and at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess effective presentation/facilitation skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments or seek appropriate information regarding job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs on a daily basis and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...