Sentry Insurance is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our HR team in our Arizona office location. In this role you will partner with local and corporate business niche leaders to develop and implement plans to support the organization’s vision and strategic business challenges. This is accomplished through HR Best Practices in staffing top tier talent, resolution of employee relations issues, and employee engagement/retention practices. This individual is responsible for staffing need for west coast Claims/Customer Service operations.
As a field HR Advisor you will be supported by our corporate HR department which includes specialists in compensation, benefits, learning and organizational development and HR processing systems. Come join our HR team and contribute to Sentry’s promise of Strength, Protection and Vigilance!
What You'll Do
As a member of the Human Resource department you will provide human resources support for west coast Claims/Customer Service operations. In addition you’ll:
- Recruit, screen and interview applicants for employment utilizing advance job board tools.
- Offer your insights to help increase applicant flow
- Maintain working relationships with our management to help provide coverage
- Assist leadership in management performance and managing succession plans.
- Construct internal and external job postings
- Learn the company and federal policies in order to maintain employment laws
- Represent Sentry for unemployment compensation hearings
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3-5 years in HR related field with at least 3 years of employment and employee relations experience.
- SPHR / PHR preferred.
- Demonstrates strong related business acumen.
- Solid understanding of fair employment practices and regulations.
- Exceptional skills in written and verbal communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and follow-up skills.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off or Time Away from Territory Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Abigail Nordin at 480-860-7522
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.