Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (FSBP)
Firestone Building Products Company, LLC, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of commercial/industrial roofing systems, is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources\Safety and Environmental Manager. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN and will have multi-site responsibilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in the HR arena and have strong Safety and Environmental background and manufacuturing experience.
- Implement and administer programs and policies to ensure the rational and consistent delivery in all HR areas.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Human Resource matters.
- Facilitate hiring process to include: creating job specs, recruiting and on boarding new employees.
- Facilitate leave of absence process from beginning to end, including FMLA, short-term disability, long-term disability, and supplemental medical leave.
- Manage information for documentation and reporting purposes.
- Provide appropriate communications with the organization and promote employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives along with fostering positive employee moral
- Establish and maintain an employee relations climate of trust and confidence
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues through conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provide performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action).
- Administer performance management, employee development, employee survey and succession planning programs.
- Serve as point of contact for management regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Administer the health and safety programs including the line driven safety program.
- Assure plant compliance with Company, Federal and State OSHA requirements.
- Work with management to develop safe operating procedures and ensure teammate compliance.
- Maintain and seek OSHA's VPP safety status.
- Develop and conduct monthly safety meeting and prepare periodic safety and injury statistics for plant management, division, corporate management, and any other regulatory agencies.
- Recommend measures to correct unsafe acts or conditions relative to health and safety of installations and future operations.
- Ensure industrial hygiene testing is conducted in proper manner and communicate results.
- Maintain ISO14001 EMS program, community environmental responsibility and submit environmental legal/corporate reports.
Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of related experience is required
FSBP offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including 401(k) and annual bonus opportunity. A drug test is required as part of our pre-employment physical. E.O.E.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize HRIS software -SAP is highly preferred
- Possesses and has demonstrated success in applying HR concepts, practices and procedures
- A skilled change agent and relationship manager—applies these skill sets in assignments and activities
- Comfortable working with highly sensitive personal and confidential information
- An understanding and ability to apply concepts in all areas of Human Resources including talent acquisition, training, organizational development, compensation, benefits, and state and federal government laws is a must
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills are required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Requires proficiency in software applications: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in leading projects is required
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR and/or safety certification preferred
- Safety and Environmental Administration required and preferrably in a manufacturing environment
- Travel up to 30%
Bridgestone/Firestone - 20 months ago
The marks that Bridgestone Americas leave have everything to do with tires. The US subsidiary of Japan's Bridgestone, Bridgestone...